Greetings Ennis Mustang Families and Community,

Happy Friday!  It was a very interesting week due to the weather, but we persevered and got through it just fine.  We sure appreciate your patience with the school on Tuesday with the cancellation of morning routes as well as us delaying school for a few hours.  We felt that it was the right decision for the safety of students and staff. 

We are so proud of the efforts of our community and their  support of breast cancer awareness at Tuesday’s VB game.  Also, a shout out to our VB coaches and players for their efforts!  We packed the place in pink and the bake sale generated almost $2000! It is a true testament to the community we have, so thank you! Also, at the VB game our senior VB and CC athletes were honored. 

We had a very productive school board meeting on Wednesday at 5:30p.m.  A few major talking points were the strategies in the school reopen plan as well as draft bond resolution language on our building project. If you have any questions about the meeting, please contact the school.

As far as the reopen plan goes, there will be language added to the reopen plan specifying the options parents have when their children are exposed to Covid-19.  As you know, if there are close contacts within the household, they must quarantine per county health directives.  If there is exposure to those outside the household, then they may return to school if they are not showing symptoms.  Families also have the option of contacting the Madison County Public Health Department to voluntarily quarantine.  For more detailed information, please check our school website. 

This week was quiet at the school with Covid-19 and the following positive cases have been reported at this time: STAFF-0, HS-0, JH-0, ELEM - 1.  Pending tests may change these numbers. We are hoping that these numbers will continue to stay low and still need your help in keeping your child home if they are ill.  I believe that our parents are doing a great job of this! 

A draft bond resolution for our building project was discussed at length regarding what language will be on the ballot.  Right now, we are looking at approving that language at the November 10th meeting.  If that language is approved, we anticipate a February 15th bond election. 

There will be a newsletter from the school sent next week to all shareholders in the Ennis School District, so please be looking for that in your mail.  If you haven’t already done so, please visit the schools website and Facebook page for all building information. 

Next week is an early out for our students on Wednesday at noon!  There will be no school on Thursday and Friday due to teacher conventions.  We do encourage you to come out next Friday night to support our HS FB team as they will play in the last game of the season where they will take on Twin Bridges at 7pm.  This game will also be streamed on NFHS.

In closing, thank you for your support of our school.  Have a great weekend and like always, contact the school with any questions.


Casey Klasna - Supt.